Video conferencing is fast becoming a critical component of the modern workplace. Companies are looking for more cost-effective and efficient ways of conducting business, and sending employees halfway across the globe for a single business meeting is no longer a practical option.
Video technology is changing so rapidly that many businesses have disparate standards and technical teams that may be unfamiliar with the technology involved. A growing number of businesses are looking to service providers for support and administration of their video conferencing and telepresence technology. Rather than firms adopting the technology and managing its operation at the same time, the outsourced provider will retain responsibility for the functionality of the service and the equipment with the customer just paying a fee for receipt of the service.
No matter what method of deployment your video conferencing system uses – on-premise, cloud, VaaS, hybrid – the service provider will manage everything on your behalf, from providing the technology to real-time hands-on management of video and audio quality. They will monitor technical performance, diagnosing and repairing any issues that arise over the course of a meeting. With immersive telepresence systems, the provider will even manage aspects such as camera angles, lights and audio throughout meetings in order to ensure a fully optimised conferencing experience and allow users to forget about the technology and really focus on the meeting.
A managed service solution offers several benefits, including:
- Increased user adoption across your business
- Real-time proactive management and customer support
- Only one point of contact for all video conferencing-related issues
- More reliable operation of your video conferencing system
- Issues are identified and resolved quicker, more accurately, less expensively and with more visibility
- Frees up resources so you can focus on business without being distracted by technology
- Improved efficiency and productivity
- A tailor-made solution – choose from different service levels to match your business communications requirements
As with any service your business might adopt, there are a number of considerations you will have to take into account when deciding on whether to implement a managed service solution, such as the costs, benefits, scale and interoperability with other vendors.
Learn more about how outsourcing the management of the day-to-day operation of your telepresence and video conference facilities can guarantee focus, results and increased user adoption across your business. Download our whitepaper detailing the benefits of managed video conferencing, the key considerations to take into account when adopting such a system and the solutions that are available to your organisation.
Image courtesy of Polycom